The Health Department regularly inspects food service establishments, including bars, restaurants, etc. Inspections are typically done twice per year.
Inspectors look for various potential items of violation, including:
• Is food being stored properly?
• Do workers handle food safely?
• Do workers practice good hygiene, like washing hands?
• Is food kept at safe temperatures?
• Is equipment in good working order?
• Is the establishment free of any pests, such as insects or rodents?
The North Central District Health Department no longer uses the letter grades for its public reporting system. Each business is required to post inspection report outlining the results of its most recent inspection. This report must be posted prominently in plain view of all customers so the public will be better informed.