Account Clerk III - Competitive pay, work-life balance, attractive benefits.
Come work as an Account Clerk III with an agency that is passionate about protecting the public’s health, offering the opportunity to develop new skills while making a positive impact on the health of others.
North Central District Health Department is searching for a full time Account Clerk III. This position serves under the general direction of the Director or Finance Administrator. The salary range for this position is $11.40 - $14.18 hourly. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to;
· Use the PSRS/Financial system to evaluate system audit trails, evaluate patient A/R accounts performing necessary actions with full knowledge of accounting policies and functions and prepare summary reports of posting on patient A/R accounts.
· Use PSRS/Financial system to evaluate cost center reporting, maintain patient accounts of charges, accounts receivable/payable and delinquent accounts.
· Maintain financial ledgers, prepare financial statement, prepare and generate invoices for payment and make necessary adjustments and corrections.
· According to cost center program, perform necessary actions on patient A/R files and account payable invoices.
· Maintain financial records of money received and dispersed.
· Communicate clearly to clients, co-workers and vendors, document all accounting procedures, records and controls according to agency guidelines and assist in the training of account clerks through staff meetings, on the job training and written instructions.
Apply at https://KOG.CHFS.KY.GOV/HOME.
Create an account – Please upload resume and transcripts if transcripts are applicable.
In Search window enter: LHDCOS
Search Jobs - Select - North Central District Health Department
Select Job and Apply
Completed application must be submitted by08/06/21.
Minimum Education, Training or Experience:
Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Health, Community Health, Accounting or Human Resource Management and one (1) year of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, payroll and accounts payable, business administration or closely related field in an administrative or management capacity
An individual may be considered for this position if the individual has a High School Diploma or GED and six (6) years of experience that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Substitution for Education, Training or Experience:
Education in the field will substitute for the required experience not to exceed (5) years.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Who we are:
North Central District Health Department is a local government agency on the front lines of public health. We protect the public’s health from threats, educate our communities about health issues and provide healthy solutions.
· We offer work-life balance.
· We promote great team culture.
· Begin earning paid vacation and sick leave day one.
· Comprehensive health benefits package.
· Paid holidays
· Retirement benefits
North Central District Health Department serves the communities of Henry, Shelby, Spencer and Trimble counties in Kentucky. We are centrally located between Louisville and Lexington. We are also surrounded with beautiful parks, great dining and close proximity to Kentucky’s only designer mall.
Transcripts must be uploaded before the close date of the advertisement if post-secondary education is required or may be substituted for experience. Transcripts must list the degree awarded.
Qualified applicants/employees are subject to a pre-screening, selection for interview, and/or demonstration of skills testing.
Employment may be contingent upon a successful drug screening and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer.