Family Support Associate - HANDS - Competitive pay, work-life balance, attractive benefits. Bilingual Preferred.
Come work as a Family Support Worker with an agency that is passionate about protecting the public’s health, offering the opportunity to develop new skills while making a positive impact on the health of others.
North Central District Health Department is searching for a full-time contract, bilingual preferred, Family Support Worker - HANDS. This position serves under the direction of the Public Health HANDS Supervisor. The salary for this position is $15.00 hourly with a potential to earn $35 for each permittable home visit inclusive of travel, preparation, and documentation. Some of the responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to;
· Conduct regular planned visits to establish a trusting rapport for eligible HANDS participant/s to assist parent/s and or families with child development, parenting skills, health services and other needed resources identified at assessment or during visits.
· Maintain confidentiality of program information obtained from home visit/s and exchanged while communicating with community and support service providers.
· Initiate and maintain regular and long-term contact and provide support to parents during the prenatal period and extending up to, but not inclusive of the child’s second birthday, following parent visit assessment.
· The responsibilities include home visitations that may take place in the client’s home or another community site if justified, that include (a) monitoring of the child’s, mother’s, and family’s progress by making referrals to community resources, such as prenatal health services, school, head start, etc.
· Tracking appointments to ensure they are being kept, performing follow-up services as identified and performing periodic evaluations of the participants’ changing needs, (b) preparation and maintenance of case records which shall be documented with contacts, services needed, reports and progress, (c) consultations and (d) crisis assistance.
· Confer with Program Coordinator and/or Supervisor in cases involving potential collaboration with other service providers.
Minimum Education, Training or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED.
Special Program Requirement/Substitution for Education, Training or Experience:
Must be 18 years of age
Must have telephone accessibility
Must have reliable transportation and valid Driver’s License
Criminal Background Check
On the job training requirement needed within 6 months of hire in order to advance:
HANDS home visitor core training (Must be completed before family contact can occur)
HANDS wrap-around required training (Specific topical areas checklist)
Working knowledge of geographic area and/or ability to locate participants and community resources with use of maps, contacts and directions provided.
Who we are:
North Central District Health Department is a local government agency on the front lines of public health. We protect your health from threats, educate our communities about health issues and provide healthy solutions.
· We offer work-life balance.
· We promote great team culture.
· Our Mission:
· Provide innovative, diverse, and inclusive population based public health as a leader through education, disease prevention, regulation adherence and communicable disease control.
· Our Vision:
· Optimal health for the communities of the North Central District – Henry, Shelby, Spencer, and Trimble counties.
· Our Values:
· Collaboration in our counties. Accountability in Public Health. Respect in the workplace. Equity and inclusion in all we do. Service to others with integrity and compassion.
· Earn up to 24 paid leave days a year.
· Comprehensive health benefits package.
· 11 ½ Paid holidays
· Lifetime Pension-Retirement benefits
North Central District Health Department serves the communities of Henry, Shelby, Spencer, and Trimble counties in Kentucky. We are centrally located between Louisville and Lexington. We are also surrounded with beautiful parks, great dining, and close proximity to Kentucky’s only designer mall.
Applications may be obtained at the North Central District Health Department, 1020 Henry Clay St., Shelbyville, KY 40065 or www.ncdhd.com
Completed application must be submitted by02/22/23.
Transcripts must be uploaded before the close date of the advertisement if post-secondary education is required or may be substituted for experience. Transcripts must list the degree awarded.
Qualified applicants/employees are subject to a pre-screening, selection for interview, and/or demonstration of skills testing.
Employment may be contingent upon a successful drug screening and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer.