The North Central District Health Department is accepting applications for a Full-Time Epidemiologist.
General Duties include: This position serves under the direction of the Director. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to;
· Assist with the maintenance of a health-monitoring database for the early recognition of any clustering of events, design surveys and questionnaires to collect data on specific disease’s.
· Conduct studies designed to identify segments of the population at greater risk of occurrences of disease.
· Perform statistical analysis of study data. Plan and organize new methods for obtaining additional health data and for improving the reliability and validity of health data being collected by the LHD and DPH.
· Assist in the formulation of hypotheses to explain the differential occurrence of diseases in various population groups and locations in Kentucky.
· Assist in the formulation of recommendations for interventions to reduce the occurrence and/or severity of disease or injuries of public health significance in the state.
· Provide consultation, educational programs, information sharing conferences, in-service programs for health department professionals, community groups, etc., about relevant epidemiological subjects and reads.
· Interpret and prepare technical reports on epidemiological studies and investigations.
Minimum Education, Training or Experience: Masters Degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Biostatistics or closely related field. Course work should include at least one course in epidemiology and a second course in a closely related subject area such as Biostatistics, Vital and Medical statistics, Informatics, Survey Sampling and Design, etc.
Substitution for Education, Training or Experience: Masters or Doctoral candidate in a field mentioned in the Educational requirements may be considered so long as the graduate work is completed within one (1) year of employment.
Starting Salary: $15.79 - $19.96/hr negotiable with additional experience. Grade 19
Completed application and transcript must be returned by close of business Wednesday, September 16, 2020 to North Central District Health Department.
You may deliver in person, fax or email to:
North Central District Health Department
1020 Henry Clay St.
Shelbyville, KY 40065
Fax: 502-633-7658 Attention Lisa or
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified applicants/employees are subject to a pre-screening, selection for interview, and/or demonstration of skills testing. Employment may be contingent upon a successful drug screening and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer.