The North Central District Health Department is accepting applications for a Full Time Health Educator I.
General Duties include: This position serves under the direction of the Health Education Director. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to;
· Attend orientation sessions to develop an understanding of the role of the clinic in health assessment problems.
· Meet with members of the community to establish a working relationship and become familiar with available community resources.
· Assist in exchanging information with various organizations and agencies concerning health needs of the community and assist in assembling materials to be utilized.
· Gather health information for the public relative to the specialized program.
· Distribute health education materials by a variety of methods.
· Provide services according to the guidelines set by the Core Clinical Service Guide (CCSG) /Administrative Reference (AR).
· Participate as a team member, having a basic understanding of the team process.
· Demonstrate an awareness of public service announcements (PSA) and assist in writing public service announcements for radio and television.
· Submit written material to assigned supervisor for approval.
· Determine working contacts with radio, TV and newspaper personnel. Collect and analyze data for health program needs.
Minimum Education, Training or Experience: Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of health related or education experience.
Substitution for Education, Training or Experience: Master’s Degree or bachelor’s degree in health or human services fields will substitute for one (1) year experience required. A professional license in the health or human services field will substitute for an additional year of experience.
Starting Salary: $12.15 – $15.17/hour negotiable with additional experience. Grade 15
Completed application and transcript must be returned by 4:30PM Wednesday, September 16, 2020.
You may deliver in person, fax or email to:
North Central District Health Department
1020 Henry Clay St.
Shelbyville, KY 40065
Fax: 502-633-7658 Attention Lisa or
Email to: email@example.com
Resume will not substitute for completed application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants and employees in this classification may be required to submit to a drug screening test and background check.