The North Central District Health Department is accepting applications for Full-Time Senior Epidemiologist.
General Duties include: This position serves under the general direction of the Director. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to;
- Conduct and supervise disease surveillance for the health department in collaboration with key community partners.
- Assist in the formulation of recommendations for interventions to reduce the occurrence and/or severity of disease of public health significance in the region/county.
- Conduct field investigations during periods of unusual occurrence of disease.
- Coordinate activities with other local and state agencies.
- Participate in various department communicable disease clinics such as SID and TB. Educate other staff and the public on the policies and procedures for effective disease surveillance and control.
- Assist with the development of operational drills and/or exercise scenarios.
- Design surveys and questionnaires to collect complex data on specific disease.
- Assist in the formulation of hypotheses to explain the differential occurrence of diseases in various population groups and locations in Kentucky. May supervise.
Minimum Education, Training or Experience: Masters Degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Biostatistics or closely related field. Course work should include at least one course in epidemiology and a second course in a closely related subject area such as Biostatistics, Vital and Medical statistics, Informatics, Survey Sampling and Design, etc. Two (2) years of public health experience as Epidemiologist.
Special Requirements: Must be willing to be on-call twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week and have a Kentucky driver’s license with reliable transportation.
Starting Salary: $18.08 - $23.00/hr. negotiable with additional experience. Grade 21
Applications may be obtained at the North Central District Health Department, 1020 Henry Clay Street, Shelbyville, KY 40071. 502-633-1243. https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dph/dafm/lhpb/Pages/vacancies.aspx
Completed application and transcript must be returned by close of business Wednesday, September 16, 2020 to North Central District Health Department.
You may deliver in person, fax or email to:
North Central District Health Department
1020 Henry Clay St.
Shelbyville, KY 40065
Fax: 502-633-7658 Attention Lisa or
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified applicants/employees are subject to a pre-screening, selection for interview, and/or demonstration of skills testing. Employment may be contingent upon a successful drug screening and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer.