Local Health Nurse I - Competitive pay, work-life balance, attractive benefits.
Come work as a Local Health Nurse I with an agency that is passionate about protecting the public’s health, offering the opportunity to develop new skills while making a positive impact on the health of others.
Who we are:
North Central District Health Department is a local government agency on the front lines of public health. We protect your health from threats, educate our communities about health issues and provide healthy solutions.
· We offer work-life balance.
· We promote great team culture.
North Central District Health Department is looking for a registered nurse to serve as a full time Local Health Nurse I - This position serves under the direction of the Nurse Supervisor. The salary range for this position is $21.83 – $27.25 hourly. Some of the responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to;
· Provide basic entry level nursing care and assessments to the client consistent with the Public Health Practice Reference, Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice.
· Establish policies, procedures and licensing laws.
· Document services provided to the client according to standards of the Core Clinical Service Guide (CCSG) and Administrative Reference (AR).
· Maintain confidentiality and privacy according to guidelines.
· Develop and conduct educational counseling and teaching activities for individual clients and families.
· Utilize basic awareness of community resources and complete required trainings.
Minimum Education, Training or Experience:
See special requirements.
Special Requirements: (Age, Licensure, Regulation, Etc.)
Must have RN license in Kentucky or compact state or provisional license in Kentucky, meeting all requirements of KRS 314.041.
· Begin earning paid vacation and sick leave day one.
· Comprehensive health benefits package.
· Paid holidays
· Retirement benefits
North Central District Health Department serves the communities of Henry, Shelby, Spencer and Trimble counties in Kentucky. We are centrally located between Louisville and Lexington. We are also surrounded with beautiful parks, great dining and close proximity to Kentucky’s only designer mall.
Apply at https://KOG.CHFS.KY.GOV/HOME.
Create an account – Please upload resume and transcripts if transcripts are applicable.
In Search window enter: LHDCOS
Search Jobs - Select - North Central District Health Department
Select Job and Apply
Completed application must be submitted by08/27/21.
Transcripts must be uploaded before the close date of the advertisement if post-secondary education is required or may be substituted for experience. Transcripts must list the degree awarded.
Qualified applicants/employees are subject to a pre-screening, selection for interview, and/or demonstration of skills testing.
Employment may be contingent upon a successful drug screening and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer.