Support Services Supervisor I
Support Services Supervisor I - Competitive pay, work-life balance, attractive benefits.
Come work as a Support Services Supervisor I with an agency that is passionate about protecting the public’s health, offering the opportunity to develop new skills while making a positive impact on the health of others.
North Central District Health Department is seeking a Support Services Supervisor I - This position serves under the direction of the Nursing Supervisor. The salary range for this position is $12.15-$15.17 hourly. Some of the responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to;
· Oversee support staff in the Henry, Shelby, Spencer, and Trimble County Health Centers, assigned in the maintenance of the Patient Services Reporting System (PSRS) for clients provided by the health department.
· Attend appropriate meetings to learn of changes in PSRS, procedural and policy changes and records management changes to distribute to staff through newsletter, staff meetings and/or memorandums.
· Provide technical assistance and on the job training for support staff. Provide and arrange orientation for new support staff.
· Monitor and report uncollectible account receivables. Supervise approximately 10 employees. Develop and revise work schedules and assignments to meet staffing and program needs; approving leave requests; interpret agency policies, goals and procedures for staff and assist in the evaluation of staff, as per agency policy.
· Attend appropriate trainings and updates and will assist in the delivery of vital information during quarterly clinical meetings; provide orientation schedules and on the job training for new support staff; be responsible for the creation and maintenance of clinic schedules, including arranging special clinics or schedules for special providers.
· Assist to manage the flow of the clinic and lead a QA/QI project to increase clinic efficiencies and effectiveness as well as explore same day scheduling, and monitor staffing trends.
· Interview prospective employees and make recommendations on hiring.
· Work within the Bridge and CDP Portal systems to perform patient functions, including scheduling, check-in, check-out, and issuance of WIC benefits.
· Billing for services, including insurance, as well as obtaining and reviewing various reports and data sources and ensuring that financial responsibilities including deposits are completed in a timely manner.
· Participate in quarterly chart audits as needed, and oversee the destruction of records in the counties, including the District Office, per the state record destruction policy.
· Will maintain open communication with staff and district office staff; oversee the submission of timesheets to the Nursing Supervisor as designated.
· Maintain inventory of cleaning and office supplies and submit orders as necessary.
· General Clinic Support duties and Registrar duties, as well as other duties as assigned.
· The Support Services Supervisor will be primarily stationed at Shelby County Health Department.
Minimum Education, Training or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED and five (5) years of professional business or public administrative experience in a medical, hospital or administrative office environment using electronic office equipment and professional software. Three (3) of the five (5) years of experience must be in medical coding and billing, accounting, or bookkeeping.
Substitution for Education, Training or Experience:
Additional education (college, vocational school, etc.) in business education or a medically related field may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
Apply at https://KOG.CHFS.KY.GOV/HOME
Create a citizen’s account and search LHDCOS (search and apply) North Central District Health Department.
Completed application must be submitted by close of business 01/07/2022.
Transcripts must be uploaded before the close date of the advertisement if post-secondary education is required or may be substituted for experience. Transcripts must list the degree awarded.
Who we are:
North Central District Health Department is a local government agency on the front lines of public health. We protect your health from threats, educate our communities about health issues and provide healthy solutions.
- We offer work-life balance.
- We promote great team culture
· Begin earning paid vacation and sick leave day one.
· Comprehensive health benefits package.
· Paid holidays
· Retirement benefits
North Central District Health Department serves the communities of Henry, Shelby, Spencer, and Trimble counties in Kentucky. We are centrally located between Louisville and Lexington. We are also surrounded with beautiful parks, great dining, and proximity to Kentucky’s only designer mall.
Qualified applicants/employees are subject to a pre-screening, selection for interview, and/or demonstration of skills testing. Employment may be contingent upon a successful drug screening and background check. Equal Opportunity Employer.