The North Central District Health Department is accepting applications for a PRN, Contract, Nurse.
General Duties include: To provide preventative, therapeutic and restorative nursing care based upon the experience gained with a local health department.
· Work with a team of Local Health Department employees to conduct activities related to administering Covid-19 vaccines. To include: Contact Tracing, COVID Testing, Education and Outreach.
· Attend any meeting/training deemed mandatory by North Central District Health Department.
· Conduct nursing assessments of patients including physical assessments and/or interviews to obtain and document comprehensive health status; obtains and performs approved lab analysis, interprets results; may initiate treatment based upon standing orders. Provides nursing services such as, venipuncture, injections, teaching and evaluation and the patient’s response to teaching, injections.
· Makes home visits as necessary to enhance and provide community health nursing to selected populations.
· May plan, arrange and present educational or orientation of programs for center or district staff.
· May present educational programs for schools, civic or other public groups concerning availability of services, health problems, health practices, and/or related topics.
· Maintains accurate and timely medical records, reports according to standards.
· Performs any other duties as assigned necessary to the operation of the local health center or district health department.
· Provide nursing services to patient populations desiring preventive health care.
Minimum Education, Training or Experience: See special requirements.
Special Requirements: (Age, Licensure, Regulation, Etc.) Must have RN license in Kentucky or compact state or provisional license in Kentucky, meeting all requirements of KRS 314.041.
Starting Salary: $27.00 - $30.00/hr. negotiable with additional experience.
Applications may be obtained at the North Central District Health Department, 1020 Henry Clay St, Shelbyville, KY 40065. 502-633-1243 or Ncdhd.com
Completed application and transcript must be returned by 4:30PMFriday, August 6th, 2021, to North Central District Health Department, 1020 Henry Clay St, Shelbyville, KY 40065.
Resume will not substitute for completed application.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants and employees in this classification may be required to submit to a drug screening test and background check.