The North Central District Health Department is accepting applications for a Part-Time PRN COVID-19 Communicable Disease Investigator. This is a contract position.
General Duties include:
The work involves responsibility for investigating situations concerning individuals who have been in contact with COVID-19, which could result in possible sources of infection. The work includes locating patients of COVID-19 and persons with whom they have had contact. Investigation procedures involve contacting various information sources such as welfare agencies, neighbors, hospitals, work locations, restaurants, and bars. The investigator is primarily concerned with locating persons who should be examined for acute infection. General supervision is received from an administrative superior with leeway allowed for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative in disease investigation. Certain assignments made to employees in this position will require reasonable access to transportation to meet fieldwork requirements made in the ordinary course of business in a timely and efficient manner.
Special Requirements: (Age, Licensure, Regulation, Etc.) Current and active Driver’s License.
Starting Salary: $25.00 Hourly
· Current student or graduate from a college of public health, medical science, college of nursing, or school of medicine.
· Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
· Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress –
· Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
· Proficiency with computers
· Experience in social work or public health is preferred
· Familiarity with the community and/or region in which the connector is hired is preferred
Send completed application and transcript by 4:30PM Friday August 27, 2021.
You may deliver in person, fax, or email to:
North Central District Health Department
1020 Henry Clay St.
Shelbyville, KY 40065
Fax: 502-633-7658 Attention Lisa or
Email to: email@example.com
Resume will not substitute for completed application.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants and employees in this classification may be required to submit to a drug screening test and background check.