HARM REDUCTION SERVICES
What is harm reduction?
The National Harm Reduction Coalition defines harm reduction as, a set of practical strategies and ideas aimed at reducing negative consequences associated with drug use.
What can harm reduction services do?
- Provide free HIV and Hepatitis C testing
- Referral for other STI testing
- Referral to mental health services, medical care, and other support services
- Provide education about harms associated with drug use and how to minimize them
- Access to Naloxone (Narcan)